Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Kiddish

I am participating in A to Z Challenge 2016 where we write 26 posts in a month each day on one word from A to Z barring Sunday's.  Today's word is "K".

My theme is “Human Characteristics”.  Today I chose “Kiddish”.

I wanted to be there,
But when? I would always wonder,
Was greeted with a blank stare,
When I finally met her,
Her hands were warm,
But in the deep brown eyes,
Her sorrow swam,
Her voice had gone squeaky,
But she hadn’t lost hope,
She had turned sneaky,
There wasn’t any scope,
That was their notion,
She was kiddish is what they thought,
And sent her here to rot!

~ KARAN 

In this day and age there are more grandparents at old-age homes than at our homes, which sadly is a true fact. We fail to understand a simple fact that an old person is equivalent to a growing up kid and needs to be dealt with equal care, love and compassion. However on the contrary this is the very behavior that we cringe about and get irritated with. It’s time we introspect before life shows us a mirror.

2 comments:

  1. A powerful message there Karan.
    Loved the way you've talked about another social issue with that wonderful word-play.
    Keep up the good work!

    @theerailivedin from The Era I Lived In

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeps*

    Sad to Se, people sending grandparents to olg age homes .


    My heart cries and wants to kick them .


    @dixita011 from
    Cafenined words

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for sharing your thoughts, keep reflecting ~

Related Posts Plugin for Blogger...